DENVER — A reported bomb threat called into Columbine High School on Thursday morning turned up no evidence of any explosives or other threats after a search, according to The Denver Post.
Jefferson County sheriff's officials said an anonymous person called in the threat around 9:20 a.m. MT. The caller said "multiple explosives" were planted in the school, which was site of the 1999 massacre. The person also claimed to be hiding outside the school with a gun.
More than 20 schools in the area were put on "lockout" status as a result of the threat.
"The perimeter was searched and secured," Mike Taplin, spokesman for the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, told The Denver Post. "The school was placed on lockout. So far, we have not found anything to validate the threats that have been made.”
The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office tweeted for parents to not go near the school, because the investigation was ongoing, and that students were safe. The children were going to be released at 2:45 p.m.
“Unfortunately, we receive many threats like this to Columbine, and we respond to each threat appropriately, which is what we’re doing now,” Taplin said.
DENVER — Police were called to Columbine High School in southwest Devner on Thursday morning after threats of a suspicious person in the area, according to The Denver Post.
Several schools in the area were put on lockdown. Officials did not have further details.