By JADE ODETTE O'LEARY, Storyful
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (CIRCA via STORYFUL) — A fast-food restaurant in Corpus Christi, Texas, has come under scrutiny after a video, appearing to show maggots on a customer’s hot dog, was shared to Facebook on Dec. 4.
Kevin Locke claims that he and his wife discovered maggots in a hot dog they bought from their local Sonic Drive-In, located on Leopard Street, on Nov. 29.
According to a post shared by Locke, his wife, Allison, reheated her hot dog when they got home, and then panicked immediately after taking her first bite.
“Her panic was caused by maggots crawling in and around the ketchup/relish on the hotdog, and were inside the hotdog bag as well,” he wrote.
Locke states in the post that he contacted the local health department as well as the restaurant about the incident, but did not receive an adequate response.
The restaurant has since released a statement about the complaint.
According to Sonic Corporation, “the manager’s inspection did not reveal any evidence of the foreign objects or locate any potential source of such foreign objects.” The statement also claims that the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District also investigated the report and “did not find any evidence of the objects or any potential source of the objects.”
Locke’s video had over 6,000 views at the time of writing.
Elsewhere, three of the fast-food chain’s employees were arrested in Taylor, Texas, when an ecstasy pill was found in a hamburger wrapper from a 4-year-old’s meal, according to KTBC-TV on Dec. 7.
The manager, 30-year-old Tanisha Dancer, was found in possession of three ecstasy pills when searched by police. She has since been fired by Sonic, a KTBC news report stated.