SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Thousands of Houthi supporters demonstrated in Sanaa on Monday to mark the third anniversary of the country's conflict.
Demonstrators in the capital carried Yemeni flags and chanted, condemning the US and the Saudi-led coalition.
A Saudi-led coalition has been at war with Iranian-allied Houthi rebels in Yemen since March 2015, when they took over government institution in Sanaa.
The United States has backed the coalition and recognized the coalition-allied government in Aden, but has also called on all parties to end hostilities to prevent humanitarian suffering.
Saudi Arabia said overnight that its missile defense forces intercepted seven ballistic missiles launched by Houthi rebels.
Sunday night's launch saw one Egyptian killed and two others wounded in Riyadh by a missile fragment.
Previous rockets fired by the Yemeni rebels have caused deaths in other parts of the kingdom.
Saudi Arabia says it has been targeted by some 90 ballistic missile launched by Yemen's Shiite rebels, known as Houthis, and their allies since launching a war against them three years ago.
The leader of Yemen’s Shiite rebels has lashed out at the United States, accusing it of fomenting the war in his country through a Saudi-led coalition and even going so far as to claim that US-ally Israel is participating in attacks in Yemen.
Abdel-Malek al-Houthi’s remarks were published Friday in a front-page interview with the Lebanese daily Al-Akhbar, along with a photo of him dressed in a traditional Yemeni robe with a dagger worn on a belt.
Al-Houthi alleges the US saw the war in Yemen “as a golden opportunity to seek control” of the region.
He says Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates — two top nations in the coalition against his rebels, known as Houthis — wouldn’t have “entered the war ... without American desire and supervision.”