WASHINGTON (Circa) -- Toby or not Toby, that is the question some residents of the nation's capital will be asking in a snowball for the ages being held on Wednesday.
The Washington, D.C. Snowball Fight Association is celebrating Winter Storm Toby by throwing a snowball fight in the middle of The National Mall right across from the Smithsonian.
At least 5 inches of snow have already fallen in D.C. and the precipitation is not expected to end until around 8 p.m. It has been over 70 years since D.C. has had at least 5 inches of snow this late into winter.
The snow event happening in D.C. is part of a larger Nor'easter affecting large portions of the East Coast. Over 70 million people are in the path of the storm.
The association has the following tips for participants of the fight:
- Anyone who participates in this event does so at his/her own risk.
- Please follow any instructions given by the National Park Police or Metropolitan Police Department. DCSFA will do so.
- Anyone who behaves recklessly is individually responsible for the consequences.
- DO NOT THROW ICE OR PELT MOVING VEHICLES!
- Play safe, and by all means, HAVE FUN!