There's a Guinness World Record for everything.
On Saturday, January 12th, Pokemon fans of all ages will gather to attempt a record for the largest gathering of people dressed as Pokemon characters.
The massively popular game series that spawned even more popular TV shows and movies has affected generations of people and continues to inspire fans around the world today. On this particular day, it's inspired a massive gathering at Anime Impulse, an LA-based anime and cosplay convention, and yes, there are rules.
1. All participants must wear a full costume depicting a Pokemon character.
2. In cases where a participant is dressed as a Pokemon (as opposed to one of the human characters inhabiting the Pokemon world) that costume must encase the full body and include all the key distinguishing features of that Pokemon (color, pattern, ears, horns, tails, wings, etc.)
3. Characters that have not appeared in official Pokemon canon releases (including officially released games and television series) are not permitted.
4. All characters must be pre-approved by Guinness World Records.
5. All costumes must be complete head to toe representations including accessories of agreed Pokemon characters, at the discretion of the independent witnesses and Guinness World Records. Any deemed unsuitable will not be included in the final total.
The gathering time is set for 2:15pm PST on Saturday at the Fairplex in Pomona, CA with a special performance by the singer of the original Pokemon theme song singer, Jason Paige.
Come out and be apart of the record or check out Circa's live stream for a look at everyone's costumes.
Check out more stories on Circa.com:
This sexy kangaroo was too much for Twitter to handle
Concerns grow over new viral challenge to eat laundry detergent pods
Samsung's new 146-inch TV is better than a movie theater