<img height="1" width="1" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=769125799912420&amp;ev=PageView &amp;noscript=1">
About Our People Legal Stuff

The official who ran the Pentagon's UFO program said there's evidence 'we may not be alone'


The former Pentagon official who led a recently revealed program aimed at examining potential encounters with unidentified flying objects (UFOs) says there are signs of alien life.

“My personal belief is that there is very compelling evidence that we may not be alone,” Luis Elizondo said on CNN’s “OutFront.”

The New York Times reported last Saturday that Elizondo ran the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program launched in 2007.

Elizondo told the Times that he worked at the Pentagon until last October, when he resigned over what he described as excessive secrecy and internal opposition.

RELATED: The Pentagon acknowledged the existence of a program to investigate UFO encounters

The former military intelligence official on Monday said that he could not speak on behalf of the federal government.

Elizondo strongly implied, however, that evidence he had encountered had halted him from ruling out the possibility of alien aircraft visiting Earth.

“These aircraft – we’ll call them aircraft – are displaying characteristics that are not currently within the U.S. inventory nor in any foreign inventory that we are aware of,” he said of objects the program researched.

“[We would then] ascertain and determine if that information is a potential threat to national security,” Elizondo added of the eyewitness reports and tools used to probe reports. “We found a lot.”


Elizondo admitted that the program had identified “anomalous” aircraft that were “seemingly defying the laws of aerodynamics.”

How much do you know about space?
There's always more to learn about the final frontier.
Take the quiz

“Things that don’t have any obvious flight services, obvious forms of propulsion, and maneuvering in ways that include extreme maneuverability beyond, I would submit, the healthy G-forces of a human or anything biological.”

The Department of Defense (DOD) had never previously acknowledged that the program Elizondo controlled existed before Saturday’s Times report.

The agency now states that the initiative closed in 2012, but Elizondo told the Times last weekend that the only thing that ended that year was the program’s funding.
Elizondo additionally claimed that the effort continues under a successor, whom he declined to name.

The program collected audio and video recordings of reported UFO incidents, including some involving the unknown entities and U.S. military aircraft.

Read Comments
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Linked In List Menu Enlarge Gallery Info Menu Close Angle Down Angle Up Angle Left Angle Right Grid Grid Play Align Left Search Youtube Mail Mail Angle Down Bookmark