The 2018 Grammy nominations have officially arrived and it's looking like the Hip-Hop and R&B communities are about to have their best year yet.
Artists Jay-Z, Bruno Mars and Kendrick Lamar are in the lead for nominations and the Grammys biggest category, Album Of The Year, has no white male nominees for the first time in 19 years.
Twitter had a lot to say, considering the Grammys and the Academy Awards both received heavy backlash last year over a lack of diversity.
1. When the odds AREN'T against you...No matter the result, it's going to be a win.
2. Some are dubbing this year's Grammys the year of 'Black Excellence."
3. But not everyone is convinced. Some think the motive is purely ratings-based.
Spoiler:the Grammys give a black ass album a bunch of noms enticing black people to tune in then give the actual awards to someone else. It’s a tale as old as time.— David Dennis Jr. (@DavidDTSS) November 28, 2017
4. Which if true, and an artist of color still doesn't win... it's safe to say the Internet will lose it.
The Grammys really nominated 4 black people for Album of the Year and when Lorde wins it, all hell is going to break loose on Twitter— Henry (@DeionGottaSTFU) November 28, 2017
5. Like, Kanye storming on the stage to tell Taylor Swift "I'mma let you finish, but..." lose it.
6. It's worth noting rap couple Cardi B. and Offset are both up for nominations.
bodak yellow up against bad and boujee the grammys trynna destroy black love stay woke— 🤦🏾♀️ (@rdcted) November 28, 2017
7. Or maybe it's just the Grammys trying to make up for last year?
“The Story of O.J.” & “Redbone” are really nominated for Record of the Year. The Grammys said we bout to Black af this time 😂😂 i love it— MH (@SirMikeH) November 28, 2017
8. Either way most agree the nominations are a historic win for music.
9. Still, just like every award show, there's no telling what could happen...
10. But that's not stopping people from celebrating in the meantime.