Actress Gal Gadot says that Brett Ratner will not be involved with "Wonder Woman 2" following several women accusing the Hollywood producer of sexual misconduct.
“Everyone knew what was the right thing to do … a lot has been written about my views and the way that I feel, and everyone know the way that I feel because I’m not hiding anything,” she said Wednesday on NBC’s "Today" when asked about Ratner’s participation.
“But the truth is, there’s so many people involved in making this movie,” Gadot added. “It’s not just me, and they all echoed the same sentiments. You know what I mean?”
“Everyone knew what was the right thing to do, but there was nothing for me to actually come and say, ‘cause it was already done before this article came out, you know?”
The New York Post last Saturday reported that Gadot was refusing to sign up for a second movie as Wonder Woman unless Ratner was ousted from the franchise.
Gadot played the title role in "Wonder Woman" earlier this year, bringing the beloved DC Comics superheroine to life on movie screens around the globe.
Ratner’s production company RatPac-Dune Entertainment helped produce the film as part of a financing deal with Warner Bros.
"Wonder Woman" ultimately grossed more than $400 million worldwide after its release, meaning Ratner’s company got a robust share of profits.
“Now Gadot is saying she won’t sign for a sequel unless Warner Bros. buys Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him,” a Warner Bros. insider told The Post.
“She also knows that Warner Bros. has to side with her on this issue as it develops,” they added.
“They can’t have a movie rooted in women’s empowerment being part-financed by a man accused of sexual misconduct against women.”
Multiple women – including actresses Natasha Henstridge and Olivia Munn – earlier this month accused Ratner of sexual harassment and misconduct.
Ratner has since “categorically” denied all the misconduct and harassment allegations through his attorney, Martin Singer.