A Vancouver trauma nurse's dog was poisoned by a cannabis-infused edible in the middle of a 15-mile.
Andy Healy was out on the Siouxon Creek Trail in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest two weeks ago with two friends and her two border collies, Fen and Jill.
About 13 miles into the hike, Healy noticed Fen stumbling and weaving, eventually losing the ability to move her front or back legs. Her eyes glazed over, and Healy suspected cannabis poisoning.
The group hiked the remaining 2.5 miles back to their cars, and then rushed Fen -- who was at that point unresponsive -- over to Columbia River Veterinary Specialists.
Healy suspects someone dropped the edible accidentally. Columbia River veterinary specialists told us that they treat around three dogs a week who've accidentally ingested marijuana.
Our affiliates at KATU in Washington contributed to this story.