Actor Corey Feldman has launched a fundraising campaign aimed at exposing alleged pedophiles in Hollywood.
The former child star is raising money though an Indiegogo page with a “flexible goal” of $10 million.
“What I am proposing is a plan that can literally change the entertainment system as we know it,” he said in a YouTube video promoting the effort Wednesday.
“I believe that I can also bring down, potentially, a pedophile ring that I have been aware of since I was a child,” Feldman continued.
“Right off the bat, I can name six names, one of them who is still very powerful today, and a story that links all the way up to a studio. It connects pedophilia to one of the major studios.”
Feldman’s campaign had raised $98,028 as of press time Thursday, and the effort has about two months left.
The actor said that the cornerstone of his effort is a movie showing an “honest and true depiction” of the child abuse he suffered alongside fellow performer Corey Haim as children.
“I’m very alone,” Feldman said of his project’s other costs. “I need to protect myself and I need to protect my family.”
“I need additional security and I need a legal team to help represent me so that I can fulfill this mission,” he added.
“I am very afraid to do this. I’ve been living in fear and I’ve been living with this my entire life, as most victims have.”
Haim struggled with drug abuse during his later career before dying of pneumonia in 2010 at age 38.
Feldman has repeatedly said that himself and Haim were abused as child actors in Hollywood, noting they were both “passed around” by pedophiles there during an interview last year.
Alleged sexual assault and harassment in Hollywood is receiving new attention after dozens of women accused film producer Harvey Weinstein of both actions earlier this month.