The unarmed security guard who confronted the man behind a recent mass shooting Las Vegas has seemingly disappeared, according to The Los Angeles Times.
The Times on Monday reported that Jesus Campos has apparently vanished from the public eye after encountering shooter Stephen Paddock earlier this month.
The president of the Security, Police, and Fire Professionals of America union said that it had been four days since he had seen Campos.
“We have had no contact with him,” Dave Hickey said. “Clearly, somebody knows where he is.”
Hickey said he was with Campos last Thursday, helping coordinate a series of television interviews the guard was slated to give about the rampage.
Campos was scheduled to appear on Fox News’s “Hannity,” and he was also set for appearances on ABC, CNN, CBS and NBC.
Hickey said that Campos was staying in a suite in a Las Vegas hotel, only to apparently depart while he was attending a meeting.
The union president added that after his meeting with MGM representatives ended last Thursday afternoon, Campos was no longer present in a nearby room.
“When I got in touch with the other union member, I was told Campos was taken to the Quick Care [health clinic],” he said, referencing another person with Campos.
Hickey additionally noted he did not hear from Camos afterwards, and he ultimately told reporters last Thursday night that the guard had canceled his interviews.
Campos approached Paddock’s hotel room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino sometime around the gunman’s Oct. 1 attack.
Paddock was eventually found dead inside his room after committing the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
The shooter killed at least 58 people and wounded at least 500 others after opening fire on a nearby outdoor concert.
Paddock shot Campos in the leg sometime during their confrontation at Mandalay Bay earlier this month.
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has twice revised its timeline of the shooting since beginning its investigation of the incident.