Authorities said a quadruple murder suspect has been taken into custody, our affiliate WCHS/WVAH reported.
The Lawrence County, Ohio, Sheriff's Office said Friday that Aaron Lawson, 23, was taken into custody.
Lawson was being sought by multiple law enforcement agencies after three people and a child were gunned down at a mobile home in Pedro, Ohio.
ORIGINAL STORY: The Lawrence County, Ohio, Sheriff’s Office and multiple agencies continued to search Friday for a quadruple murder suspect.
The search for Aaron Lawson, 23, has been challenging. Investigators said he could be hiding in a wooded area near where he crashed a vehicle early Thursday morning and ran off on foot.
Warrants have been issued for Lawson’s arrest on charges of three counts of murder and one count of aggravated murder. Additional charges are possible, Lawrence County Sheriff Jeff Lawless said.
Three adults and one child were found dead of gunshot wounds inside a mobile home in Pedro, Ohio, Thursday. A fifth victim -- a male – was found with stab wounds to the head and neck and was transported to a local hospital. Lawless said Thursday he is in good condition and is believed to be OK.
The names of the adult victims have not been released by deputies.
Devin Holston, 7, was initially reported as missing and possibly in danger but was found dead of a gunshot wound inside the mobile home hours into the investigation. The boy’s body appeared to be hidden inside the mobile home.
Lawson is reportedly a cousin of the victims who were killed by gunshot wounds Wednesday.
Deputies and assisting agencies searched constantly Thursday for the suspect, using helicopters and bloodhounds as resources.
Some crews went home to rest overnight and picked back up with the search at daybreak Friday.
Sugar Creek Christian Academy closed Friday due to the continuing search for Lawson.
Story at a glance:
• Lawrence County sheriff’s deputies and other assisting agencies from multiple states are searching for Aaron Lawson, 23. Lawson is a suspect for four homicides that occurred Wednesday inside a mobile home in Pedro, Ohio.
• Four people, including three adults and one child, were shot to death inside the mobile home, which is located on a side road off State Route 141 north of Ironton. The adults’ names have not been released by police.
• Devin Holston, 7, was initially reported as missing and was said to possibly be in danger but was found dead of a gunshot wound hours into the investigation. The boy’s body appeared to be hidden inside the mobile home.
• A fifth person was injured with stab wounds. Lawrence County Sheriff Jeff Lawless said this person is in good condition and is believed to be OK.
• Warrants have been issued for Lawson on three counts of murder and one count of aggravated murder and further charges could be coming.
• Helicopters and bloodhounds have been resources for the search for Lawson. The search has been challenging due to heavily wooded areas with strip mines and caves, Lawless said.
• Deputies describe Lawson as 5-foot-9, weighs 139 pounds, and has brown hair and hazel eyes.
• Lawson was last seen by deputies on State Route 141 near County Route 52 driving a blue Chevrolet truck at about 12:30 a.m. Thursday and a pursuit ensued. Lawson crashed the vehicle into a ditch on State Route 141 at County Route 44S and fled on foot into the woods.
• Deputies believe Lawson is hiding in the wooded area near where he crashed the vehicle, which was confiscated and will be processed for evidence.
• Rock Hill Local School District was closed Thursday. Sugar Creek Christian Academy closed Friday.
• Anyone with information about Lawson is urged to contact the sheriff’s office by calling 740-532-3525 or dialing 911. If seen, do not attempt to approach Lawson, deputies advise. Contact local law enforcement immediately.