North Korea launched several short-range missiles from the country's Kangwon province on Saturday.
The first and third missiles failed in flight, according to a statement from the U.S. Pacific Command. The second missile appears to have blown up immediately and none posed a threat to the U.S. mainland or the territory of Guam, which North Korea previously threatened to target.
"We are working with our interagency partners on a more detailed assessment and we will provide a public update if warranted," U.S. Pacific Command spokesman Cmdr. David Benham said in a statement.
The missile test comes during an annual joint military exercise between the United States and South Korea, which the North sees as an invasion rehearsal.
The White House said that President Donald Trump, who threatened to unleash "fire and fury" on North Korea should it follow through with its threats, has been briefed on the latest activity and will continue "monitoring the situation."
This test comes less than a week after U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson praised North Korea for showing "restraint" with its weapons program.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.