The drawing for the second largest Powerball in history will take place Wednesday night.
If you’re a hopeful ticket holder, don’t quit your job just yet, our affiliate KFOX in El Paso, Texas, reports. The chances of getting your hands on that cash are one in 292 million, to be exact.
To put that into perspective, here are some things that you are more likely to do:
- Date a millionaire: 1 in 215
- Write a best-selling novel: 1 in 220
- Be injured by a toilet: 1 in 10,000
- Be crushed by a meteor: 1 in 700,000
- Be President of the United States: 1 in 10,000,000
- Become a Saint: 1 in 20,000,000
That doesn’t stop ticket holders from believing in their chance to win. CNBC reports the hopeful ticket holders have big plans for spending their money. A recent survey says:
- 86% will invest or save
- 33% will donate to charity
- 28% will go on a trip
- 26% will buy a new home
- 8% will buy a car
If you’re not a winner tonight, though, don’t be too upset; your chances at writing a best-seller or dating a millionaire are still higher!