Customers who ate at a Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant in Dallas on Tuesday claim that rodents were falling from the ceiling.
They captured footage on their cellphones of rodents crawling around at the Chipotle restaurant on North Market Street in the West End area of Dallas.
NBC 5 shared video allegedly from the incident.
“If we would have been sitting at the table next to that it definitely would have fell on top of our food because it was literally right there,” Daniela Ornelas of Dallas, who was eating at the restaurant with her boyfriend, told NBC 5.
“I just kept wondering what it was, and I kept looking around until I looked at the floor, and I saw three rats, and I ran," she said.
Chipotle issued a statement to NBC 5 on Wednesday to explain the incident.
"We learned yesterday that mice got into a restaurant and we immediately contacted professionals who identified a small structural gap in the building as the likely access point," the company said. "We’re having it repaired. Additionally, we reached out to the customer to make things right. This is an extremely isolated and rare incident and certainly not anything we’d ever want our customers to encounter."
Chipotle temporarily shut down a restaurant in Sterling, Virginia, on June 18 after it received reports of customers becoming ill, sending its stock tumbling. The restaurant has since reopened.
It wasn't the first food scare for Chipotle, which experienced an E. coli outbreak and a norovirus case in 2015. The company responded by altering its cooking methods and offering safety training to employees.