The U.S. military updated their options for dealing with North Korea, including a possible military response, according according to CNN.
The options will be presented to President Trump if the military finds that North Korea is continuing to conduct nuclear or ballistic missile tests that could indicate a possible attack on the U.S.
"What we have to do is prepare all options because the President has made clear to us that he will not accept a nuclear power in North Korea and a threat that can target the United States and target the American population," said national security adviser H.R. McMaster.
News of the updates comes days after North Korea called for the "death penalty" for former South Korean president Park Geun-Hye for allegedly planning an assassination attempt on Kim Jong Un.
"There's recognition that there has to be more pressure on the regime," McMaster said. "I think what you'll see in coming days and weeks are efforts to do that."
Trump tweeted last month that North Korea "has shown great disrespect for China."
North Korea has shown great disrespect for their neighbor, China, by shooting off yet another ballistic missile...but China is trying hard!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 29, 2017
U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley has also spoken out aganist North Korea, warning lawmakers on Wednesday that the hermit kingdom's missile tests may be advancing. CIA Director Mike Pompeo said this is a top concern in a interview with MSNBC last week.
“I hardly ever escape a day at the White House without the President asking me about North Korea and how it is that the United States is responding to that threat,” Pompeo said.
"We are very focused on providing policy makers all of that information so that we can make good decisions to ensure that America is never held at risk by Kim Jong Un," he added.