ADVERTISEMENT
About Our People Legal Stuff
2d1ee69b-f50d-4bd6-a988-c96f43d8149b-HanSoloMGNPhoto_515.jpg

The Han Solo ‘Star Wars’ spin-off film has lost its directors

0

A Star Wars spin-off film starring the fan favorite character of Han Solo no longer has directors, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

“Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways,” Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, said in a statement Tuesday. “A new director will be announced soon.”

“Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project,” Miller and Lord said in a joint statement.

“We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences,’ but once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew.”

Twitter users on Tuesday reacted with dismay over Lord and Miller’s reported exit from the movie.

Lord and Miller previously directed 2012’s 21 Jump Street, its 2014 sequel 22 Jump Street and 2014’s The LEGO Movie before signing on for the Han Solo film in July 2015.

Actor Alden Ehrenreich will play Solo in the spin-off, while actors Danny Glover and Woody Harrelson and actress Emilia Clarke also reportedly have roles.

The Reporter reported that the movie’s scheduled release date of May 25, 2018, remains unchanged before re-shoots scheduled for later this summer.

Actor Harrison Ford first portrayed Solo in 1977’s Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope and has since played the character in three other films.

Comments
Read Comments
Comments
ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Linked In List Menu Enlarge Gallery Info Menu Close Angle Down Angle Up Angle Left Angle Right Grid Grid Play Align Left Search Youtube Mail Mail Angle Down Bookmark