Pop singer Ariana Grande announced on Friday that she'll return to Manchester for a benefit concert to raise money for attacks victims.
It's her first detailed statement since the Monday night attack, which left 22 dead and dozens more injured after bombing suspect Salman Abedi detonated explosions outside a concert arena.
BREAKING: American singer Ariana Grande says she will return to Manchester for a benefit concert to raise money for attack victims.— The Associated Press (@AP) May 26, 2017
In an extensive letter Grande, wrote "I'll be returning to the incredibly brave city of Manchester to spend time with my fans and to have a benefit concert in honor of and to raise money for the victims and their families."
She said the details are yet to be finalized, but will "share with you as soon as everything is confirmed."
In the page-long heartfelt letter, Grande offered her condolences to the victims while thanking her "fellow musicians and friends" for their support.
"We will never be able to understand why events like this take place because it is not in our nature, which is why we shouldn't recoil. We will not quit or operate in fear. We won't let this divide us. We won't let hate win," she continued.
In a subsequent tweet, the 23-year-old shared a link to support the British Red Cross. As of Friday afternoon, 84 percent of the roughly $2.2 million fundraising goal had been reached.
In the aftermath of the attack, Grande suspended the rest of her world tour.
WATCH | Ariana Grande and others suspend tour dates after the Manchester attack.