ADVERTISEMENT
About Our People Legal Stuff
AP_886535450850.jpg

A high school student died after drinking a latte, a Mountain Dew and an energy drink

0

The death of 16-year-old high school student Davis Allen Cripe was caused by consuming too much caffeine in the form of a cafe latte, a Mountain Dew, and an energy drink in a two-hour period, CNN reported.

Cripe died of a caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia, said Richland County Coroner Gary Watts. 

Cripe collapsed in class after consuming the three drinks. 

"Like all parents, we worry about our kids as they grow up. We worry about their safety, their health, especially once they start driving. But it wasn't a car crash that took his life. Instead, it was an energy drink," said Cripe's father, Sean. 

Cripe's autopsy did not indicate any undiagnosed heat conditions. He was healthy and had no prior conditions. No drugs or alcohol were found in Cripe's system.

Comments
Read Comments
Comments
ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Linked In List Menu Enlarge Gallery Info Menu Close Angle Down Angle Up Angle Left Angle Right Grid Grid Play Align Left Search Youtube Mail Mail Angle Down Bookmark