WATCH | A 9-year-old student at North Park Elementary School says she was in the classroom when her friend and teacher "got shot."
UPDATE 7:41 p.m. EST:
San Bernardino Mayor R. Carey Davis announced on Twitter Monday night that a prayer vigil will be held at 6 p.m. at the Our Lady of the Assumption Church in remembrance of the victims.
WATCH | Here's aerial footage of the scene from KABC.
UPDATE 7:18 p.m. EST:
San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan released photos of the teacher and the suspect who were killed in Monday's apparent murder-suicide at North Park Elementary School.
UPDATE 6:46 p.m. EST:
One of the two students shot at North Park Elementary School in San Bernardino, California, has died.
Authorities identified 8-year-old, Jonathan Martinez as the latest victim. The teacher killed in the shooting was identified as 53-year-old Karen Elaine Smith.
The teacher and the suspect, Cedric Anderson, 53, had been married for a few years and separated a few months ago.
Anderson had a criminal history of domestic violence, but not related to his marriage with Smith. Anderson took his life during the incident, police said in a press conference.
Authorities said both students were behind the teacher when she was shot. Fifteen special needs students and two teacher aides were in the classroom at the time of the shooting, according to police.
The other student, an unidentified 9-year-old, is currently in stable condition at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
UPDATE 6:28 p.m. EST: This student was in the classroom when her friend was shot.
UPDATE 5:47 p.m. EST:
Some parents have already been reunited with their children.
One third-grade student, who was just reunited with his parents told them, "My teacher died."
Parents wouldn't talk on camera, but all they could let out in between tears was that the "special needs teacher was great."— Fernando Hurtado (@fhurtado) April 10, 2017
UPDATE 5:15 p.m. EST:
Parents have gathered inside Cajon High School and are waiting for their children's names to be called. Students are being shuttled in from California State University in San Bernardino.
WATCH | Police hold a press conference about the San Bernardino school shooting
UPDATE 3:41 p.m. EST:
The two students shot at a San Bernardino, California, elementary school Monday morning are in critical condition, according to the Associated Press.
A man and a woman, who have yet to be identified, are dead.
San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said in a tweet that students are being taken to California State University in San Bernardino and parents are being asked to go to Cajon High School. From there, the students and parents will be reunited.
Correction, all kids have been taken to California State University San Bernardino.— Chief Jarrod Burguan (@SBPDChief) April 10, 2017
UPDATE 2:36 p.m. EST:
Two adults were killed in an apparent murder-suicide at North Park Elementary School in San Bernardino, California, on Monday morning, according to San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan.
Two students injured in the incident have been hospitalized.
Two adults are deceased in a classroom, believed to be a murder suicide. We believe the suspect is down and there's no further threat.— Chief Jarrod Burguan (@SBPDChief) April 10, 2017
ORIGINAL STORY: The San Bernardino County Fire Department confirmed that there are multiple victims after a shooting at North Park Elementary School on Monday.
NBC Los Angeles reports based on preliminary information that one teacher, two students and a suspect who entered the building with a gun were involved in the incident.
Students involved in the incident have been airlifted to a local hospital.
We believe this to be a murder suicide. Happened in a class room. Two students have been transported to the hospital.— Chief Jarrod Burguan (@SBPDChief) April 10, 2017
San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said this is believed to be a murder-suicide.
Monica Garcia, of the San Bernardino Unified School District, told NBC Los Angeles that the shooting appeared to stem from a domestic dispute involving the teacher.
Authorities said the threat has been contained and the shooter is down.
Students at the school are be taking to cajon high school for safety.— Chief Jarrod Burguan (@SBPDChief) April 10, 2017
Students at the school are being taken to Cajon High School as a safety precaution.
All relatives are being told to bring their IDs in order to pick up their children.
WATCH | For more news you need, check out our 60 Second Circa.