A dead bat was found in a bag of prepackaged salad sold at a Florida Wal-Mart, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Two people said they had eaten some of the Fresh Express salad before finding a decomposed bat in their Organic Marketside Spring Mix.
Fresh Express announced Saturday a recall of some cases of the salad mix as a precaution, citing "extraneous animal matter" that was "allegedly found."
The bat was sent to a CDC lab for rabies testing.
"The risk of rabies transmission [from eating a rabid animal] is considered to be very low," the press release said. But the two people who ate the salad were recommended to undergo testing anyway "because [the rate] isn't zero." They are in good health, the CDC reports.
The CDC said it had not heard of any other cases of bats being found in salads.
Naturally, Twitter was ready with the jokes.
And the shock.