WATCH | New Yorkers gathered on Saturday to celebrate International Pillow Fight Day.
Newmindspace and Bunz partnered to sponsor one of the most publicized NYC pillow fights.
[Attendees] will make new friends, re-unite with old ones, meet future lovers, and revel in the blissful one-ness of a free, fun, social gathering.
In a blog post credited to Newmindspace founders Kevin Bracken and Lori Kufner, the duo declared, "Any city worth living in has at least an annual pillow fight. Organizing a massive pillow fight is perhaps the simplest of free events or interventions, but also one of the most rewarding."
The founders also outlined event rules to "minimize bad behavior," including:
- Using soft, feather-free pillows
- Swinging pillows lightly, as "many people will be swinging at once"
- Swinging pillows only at people at pillow-less attendees or people with cameras
- Removing of eyeglasses before the event
- Implementing free and all-ages admission
- Waiting for a signal to begin
- Cleaning up after participating
London, Los Angeles and Chicago were among other cities planning massive pillow fights Saturday.