ADVERTISEMENT
About Our People Legal Stuff
Kellyanne Conway, President-elect Donald Trump's campaign manager, winks as she answers a question from a member of the media as she leaves Trump Tower, in New York, Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2017. (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

Kellyanne Conway denied that the Trump administration blocked her from TV interviews

0

UPDATE Feb. 23 8:10 a.m.:

Kellyanne Conway denied that she had been sidelined from making TV appearances in an interview on Fox News' "Hannity." 

"I don't think I have to explain myself if I'm not going to go on TV for a week," Conway said. She added that she has four children and is looking for houses and schools. 

She called reports that she had been sidelined, originally reported by CNN, "fake news."

ORIGINAL STORY: Kellyanne Conway, an aide to President Trump since the latter stages of his campaign, has reportedly been banned by the administration from making TV appearances.

She was sidelined for making statements that opposed the Trump administration's official stance, CNN Money reported

She has not given an interview since early last week. At the time, she said former national security adviser Michael Flynn had Trump's "full confidence." A few hours later, Flynn resigned. 

White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders denied CNN's report.

"This is a wild goose chase. Kellyanne has a number of media appearances this week," Sanders said.

Conway herself told CNN she was trying to "reduce my television exposure." Mika Brzezinski, co-host of MSNBC's "Morning Joe," said last week she "will not interview her."

CNN's anonymous sources believe Conway will be on TV again in the future.

President Donald Trump's adviser Kellyanne Conway gets ready to go on television outside the White House, Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017, in Washington. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)
President Donald Trump's adviser Kellyanne Conway gets ready to go on television outside the White House, Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017, in Washington. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)

Previously, Conway sparked recommendations of a government investigation  after she told Americans to "go buy Ivanka's stuff," referring to the president's daughter's fashion line which has been pulled from Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus.

AP_17020013360370.jpg
Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway speaks with reporters at the Indiana Inaugural Ball for Vice president-elect Mike Pence, Thursday, Jan. 19, 2017 in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

She was also widely criticized for discussing the now-infamous and non-existent "Bowling Green Massacre," a terror attack that never occurred. 

Before that, she introduced the phrase "alternative facts" into the common vernacular. 

A Dakota Access protest camp caught fire hours before the mandatory evacuation deadline

WATCH | For more news you need, check out our 60 Second Circa.

Comments
Read Comments
Comments
ADVERTISEMENT
Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Linked In List Menu Enlarge Gallery Info Menu Close Angle Down Angle Up Angle Left Angle Right Grid Grid Play Align Left Search Youtube Mail Mail Angle Down Bookmark