In this case, curiosity almost killed...the dog.
Montana's Butte-Silver Fire Department received a call from a local veterinary hospital on Wednesday explaining that an eight-month-old coonhound named Blaze got his head stuck into the hole of a tire and that they needed extrication equipment to free the precarious puppy, according to the Butte-Silver Fire Department's Facebook page.
Rescue Unit No. 1 was dispatched to the scene, where they were able to remove Blaze's head from the tire with a lot of coconut oil and patience.
"Blaze remained uninjured throughout the ordeal. Although some minor neck swelling was noted by the firefighters. Blaze remained calm, cool, and collected throughout the ordeal; he did not make a sound," the Facebook post read.
The owner was out for just a few hours in the yard when he came home to find his pup in a rather comprising situation. Hopefully, Blaze learned the hard way not to stick his nose where it doesn't belong.