WATCH| Nikki Mael talks the painful ordeal with her dogs.
Washougal, Washington native Nikki Mael claims three of her dogs got sick and another died after eating canned dog food on New Year's Eve. She fed her four dogs Evanger's Hunk of Beef with au jus and within 15 minutes they became sick.
All four dogs began acting drunk, so Nikki rushed them to the animal hospital.
They were just limp. They weren't moving or anything. And so they were in ICU. Tito and Talula ate the most [food] and Talula passed away.
Things just got worse when she arrived at the emergency vet center.
Three out of the four dogs survived and as of Monday have been brought home.
"Tito, we got to bring him home today," Mael said. "He still suffers from seizures. I don't know if there's any long-term [effect] on the other two, but it's terrible."
Evanger's told KATU News they're launching an investigation into the incident.
A necropsy is under way for the deceased dog, Talula.
No recall has been issued, but a local Evanger's representative said the company is making arrangements to get the remaining unopened cans in the same case from Mael to have them tested.
The specific can of dog food was produced in June and purchased through an online retailer.
Evanger's local representative also says it's instructed local stores that carry their product to take back any product from customers who have concerns, no questions asked.