Officials: Trump to postpone until January a news conference to outline plan for handling his business operations - Bloomberg News— Breaking News (@BreakingNews) December 12, 2016
Donald Trump was scheduled to outline how he plans to separate his role as the president from his role as a businessman on Dec. 15, but transition officials on Monday said the date's been pushed to January.
Trump wants more time because he’s been busy filling out his cabinet and top administration posts, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to Bloomberg.
A new date for the announcement hasn’t been set, but it will be before his inauguration on Jan. 20, they said.
I have NOTHING to do with The Apprentice except for fact that I conceived it with Mark B & have a big stake in it. Will devote ZERO TIME!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 10, 2016
Earlier this week, Trump tweeted that despite reports he won't continue to work The Apprentice.
I will be holding a major news conference in New York City with my children on December 15 to discuss the fact that I will be leaving my ...— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 30, 2016
Trump previously said he and his children would make the announcement on Thursday.
great business in total in order to fully focus on running the country in order to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! While I am not mandated to ....— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 30, 2016
do this under the law, I feel it is visually important, as President, to in no way have a conflict of interest with my various businesses..— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 30, 2016
Hence, legal documents are being crafted which take me completely out of business operations. The Presidency is a far more important task!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 30, 2016
He said he plans to be taken completely out of his businesses.
For more news, check out this evening's Circa 60.