UPDATE 1:52 p.m. EST Wednesday:
Columbus police said Wednesday the Ohio State attacker, Abdul Razak Ali Artan, bought a knife the morning of attack. It's not yet clear if that was the knife he used in the attack.
The FBI did not call the attack an act of terror, but did say Artan was inspired by ISIS.
The terrorist group, ISIS, has claimed responsibility for Monday's attack at Ohio State University, according to The Hill.
The group's Amaq News Agency claimed that Abdul Razak Ali Artan, the 18-year-old suspect in the attack, was a "soldier of the Islamic State and carried out the operation in response to appeals targeting nationals of coalition countries."
The car-and-knife attack injured 11 people and Artan was killed when he didn't follow an officer's orders to drop his weapon.
CNN terrorism analyst Paul Cruickshank tweeted saying the Amaq News Agency's claim is "totally unsubstantiated."
ISIS has previously taken responsibility for attacks inspired by its propaganda.
Federal investigators have not announced a motive for the attack, but have said they could not rule out terrorism. They do, however, believe he acted alone.
ISIS affiliated Amaq news agency just made totally unsubstantiated claim Ohio State attacker acting on their behalf. More on CNN to follow.— Paul Cruickshank (@CruickshankPaul) November 29, 2016
Artan was a student at the school and was a Somali refugee who had legal permanent status in the U.S.
Officials said he and his family moved to Pakistan as refugees in 2007. The family came to the U.S. in 2014. Artan graduated Columbus State Community in May and then transferred to Ohio State.
The 18-year-old told Ohio State University's newspaper in August of 2016 that he was having trouble finding places to pray on campus.
WATCH | For more news you need, check out our 60 Second Circa.