This one might grind some people's gears.
A federal inspection had concluded that the barrier at the Cincinnati Zoo that separated Harambe, the gorilla, from the public was not in compliance with standards the day a 3-year-old boy slipped into the gorilla exhibit.
Despite this, the report by the U.S. Agriculture Department concluded that the zoo's dangerous-animal response team properly followed procedures on May 28, 2016, when the incident unfolded.
We also acknowledge that the barrier system at Gorilla World was considered to be in compliance ... during inspections prior to the incident and had been performing admirably for years.
The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture also said that while the barrier system wasn't in compliance that day, it had been prior to that day.
The Cincinnati Zoo said the zoo remains committed to visitor and animal safety and "will continue to work with the USA and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) to ensure that our exhibits meet or exceed standards, according to WKRC.
The May 28 incident resulted in the killing of Harambe after the zoo deemed the 3-year-old to be in "life-threatening danger."
Social media went ablaze following the killing, some saying it was human error that landed the boy inside the pen and not the gorilla's fault.
WATCH | For more news of the day, watch our 60 Second Circa.