Senate Democrats named Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) their new minority leader Wednesday morning with Harry Reid retiring from office, effective for Congress' next term starting in January.
The Democratic leadership also includes Bernie Sanders, who has historically run as an independent.
Republicans re-elected Mitch McConnell to his position of majority leader as well. He was Senate minority leader for eight years before the Republican Party took control in 2015.
Here's a list of the major names among new Democratic senatorial leadership.
Here's the full list:
- Agriculture: Senator Debbie Stabenow
- Armed Services: Senator Jack Reed
- Appropriations: Senator Patrick Leahy
- Banking: Senator Sherrod Brown
- Budget: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Commerce: Senator Bill Nelson
- Energy: Senator Maria Cantwell
- EPW: Senator Tom Carper
- Finance: Senator Ron Wyden
- Foreign Relations: Senator Ben Cardin
- HELP: Senator Patty Murray
- HSGAC: Senator Claire McCaskill
- Indian Affairs: Senator Tom Udall
- Judiciary: Senator Dianne Feinstein
- Rules: Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Small Business: Senator Jeanne Shaheen
- Veterans Affairs: Senator Jon Tester
- Aging: Senator Bob Casey
- Ethics: Senator Chris Coons
- Intelligence: Senator Mark Warner
- JEC: Senator Martin Heinrich
WATCH | For more news you need, check out our 60 Second Circa.