Recordings from 911 calls placed by accused Orlando nightclub shooter, Omar Mateen, were released Monday under a court order, according to USA Today.
Judge Margaret Schreiber of Florida's Ninth Judicial Circuit ordered that the nearly 30 minutes worth of audio be released to the public.
In the calls, Mateen goes on a rant about U.S. airstrikes in the Middle East and evading police, according to TCPalm.
They're killing a lot of innocent people, so what am I to do here when my people are getting killed over there? You get what I'm saying?
The transcripts of the conversations Mateen had with emergency dispatchers have been available for more than a month, but it wasn't until now that the audio recordings were released.
Mateen opened fire at Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, on June 12, 2016. The shooting spree left 49 dead and dozens more injured.
Mateen was killed in a standoff with authorities.
Previously, the City of Orlando argued that the calls shouldn't be released because they were part of an active investigation and depicted the killing of a person, lawyer Rachel Fugate told USA Today.
"Any recording that depicts the killing of a person is exempt, but it does provide a mechanism to show good cause to get those recordings," Fugate added.
In this case, the reasoning behind releasing the calls was partially to evaluate law enforcement's response.
Fugate told USA Today she thinks the calls will give the public more insight into the timeline of events from that night.
Earlier this year, more than 25 news organizations filed a lawsuit, urging the city to release the tapes.
WATCH | For the news you need, check out our 60 Second Circa.