WATCH | Two Cubs fans in Omaha, Nebraska, are showing support for their team in an unusual way: 12,000 lights, blinking in sync with "Go! Cubs! Go!"
The light show syncs up with the team's anthem, "Go! Cubs! Go!"
According to Fox42, the homeowners spent four weeks working on the project.
I thought it would be really cool to do this if [ the Cubs] ever made the World Series. This was the perfect time to do it.
And of course, Glozeris said that the Cubs winning would make things even better.
The Glozeris family doesn't appear to be the only household celebrating with lights.
The Cubs won the World Series back-to-back... in 1907 and 1908. They haven't won it since.
For some context, in 1908:
- The Ottoman Empire was still standing.
- Sliced bread hadn't been invented.
- Theodore Roosevelt was President.
- Four states weren't states yet.
- The Constitution was 12 Amendments smaller (and women couldn't vote yet).
So it makes sense that fans are so excited for their team.
<em>Fox 42 Contributed to this report.</em>
WATCH | For the news you need, check out our 60 Second Circa.