French authorities began clearing the "Jungle" refugee camp in Calais, Monday, busing thousands of people to alternate locations.
French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve told ABC News 2,318 people were evacuated from the camp Monday. Of those evacuated, 400 were unaccompanied minors who were taken to a temporary center in Calais.
Officials said another 4,000 migrants will be bused to accommodation centers across France by the end of the week.
Humanitarian groups like Help Refugees said they are most concerned about the 49 unaccompanied children under the age of 13 who remain at the camp.
The U.N. Refugee Agency said hundreds of unaccompanied child migrants are now at risk of exploitation and trafficking.
The French and UK governments have a responsibility to find these children safe shelter before the camp is torn down.
Human Rights Watch said in a statement that the French and U.K. governments are "failing unaccompanied children in Calais."
Earlier this month, the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees applauded the French government's decision to tear down the camp.
However, UNHCR also stressed the importance of having a plan to help the camp's hundreds of unaccompanied child migrants.
"It is also crucial to pay special attention to the estimated more than 1,200 unaccompanied or separated children in the Jungle, whose best interests have to be taken into account," UNHCR spokesman Adrian Edwards said in a statement.
According to CNN, unaccompanied minors are being interviewed by French and British authorities to determine if they should be sent to the U.K.
The children will be kept in a temporary shelter at the camp until authorities make a decision in each of their cases.
WATCH | For more news you need, check out our 60 Second Circa.