Jaxon, an 11-year-old Pug, earned the "Hometown Hero Award" in Meridian, Idaho this week after alerting his owners of a spark from an outlet inside their home.
Dogs have different kinds of barks, so he has his 'somebody's at the door' bark and then he has his 'holy crap something's happening' bark,
Jaxon's bark alerted his owners who were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Mikaela Sebree, the Pug's owner, said the fire could have destroyed their home were it not for the pug's bark that told them something was wrong.
Sebree's husband rushed downstairs to find sparks quickly turning into flames around an electrical outlet. After knocking the flames down with a fire extinguisher, the Meridian Fire Department arrived and said this canine prevented a lot of destruction.
"Certainly his actions and the actions of this dog saved that house from potentially igniting and catching on fire and going up into walls and up into the attic and caused significant damage," said Meridian Fire chief Mark Neimeyer.
Jaxon is definitely a super pug, he deserves the hometown hero. He saved our house, he saved our lives and he saved our memories,
Now this four-legged family member is Meridian's first animal to receive the Hometown Hero Award and even an official probationary firefighter badge.
Meridian's Fire chief wants to remind the public that not everyone has a Pug named Jaxon, so it's always a good idea to check the batteries in your smoke alarms.
For more news of the day, check out our 60 Second Circa.