'The Few, The Proud' does a great job distinguishing ourselves... but it doesn't say anything about what we do or why we exist.
The Marines have advertised themselves as "The Few. The Proud. The Marines." since 1977. That might change soon.
Wait, why?The Corps might swap in a new slogan with its 2017 advertising campaign, <b>The Marine Times reports</b>.
That campaign will reportedly reinforce the "almost spiritual standards the nation has for the Marines," Caldwell said. But he didn't specify what those standards were.
He did insist it wasn't about making the Corps more inclusive to women, who can now train for all combat jobs.
"It's all about our irreducible fighting spirit," Caldwell said.
What were the slogans before?
- "We're Looking for a Few Good Men"
- "Tell That to the Marines"
- "We Don't Promise a Rose Garden"
- "The Marine Corps Builds Men" (this probably would not fly in 2016)
- "If Everybody Could Get Into the Marines, It Wouldn't Be the Marines"
One Twitter user's proposed solutions were... harsh.
WATCH | For the news you need, check out our 60 Second Circa.