The man accused of killing five people in a Washington state mall and leading authorities on a manhunt has confessed to the killings, according to court documents released Monday.
The documents filed in Skagit Court note that Arcan Cetin told detectives "he did bring the rifle into Macy's and shot all 5 victims."
Cetin, 20, was arrested Saturday night after the shootings at Cascade Mall Friday night.
He now faces five charges of premeditated murder and was scheduled to appear in court Monday.
Authorities are asking that he be placed under a $2 million bond.
In the days since the attack, authorities have been working to piece together information on the 20-year-old who immigrated to the U.S. from Turkey and became a legal permanent resident.
Cetin has had several run-ins with authorities during recent years. Records show that Cetin was involved in a half-dozen criminal cases in Island County since 2013. The Seattle Times reported that three previous charges were for allegedly assaulting his stepfather.
The paper also noted that Cetin was previously arrested on drunk driving charges, but it did not say if those charges were resolved.
Police noted that after the attack, Cetin appeared "zombie-like" when he was taken into custody.
Authorities searched Cetin's home Sunday and were seen carrying boxes from an upstairs unit.
The four-unit building was blocked off with yellow police tape, but detectives have not yet said what they found.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
For more news, check out today's 60 Second Circa.