No 'absolute evidence for pointing of gun'
The Charlotte Police Department on Thursday said it plans to do a "full and thorough investigation" following the shooting death of Keith Lamont Scott, a black man and father of eight.
Police department officials say they do not plan to publically release dash cam video showing Scott's death. Police Chief Kerr Putney said the video is not "absolute evidence" Scott pointed a gun at police.
Here is what we know:
- Police are investigating the shooting of a protester Wednesday night.
- Scott's family has requested to see the video of the deadly incident.
- Police chief Putney says he does not believe they've caught all criminal suspects in Wednesday night's looting.
Charlotte protests aftermath by the numbers:
- One person in critical condition after protests
- 44 arrests were made Wednesday night
- 9 civilians injured
- 4 officers injured
WATCH | For the news you need, check out our 60 Second Circa.