French authorities have arrested eight people in connection with the Bastille Day truck attack in Nice that killed 86 people, the Paris prosecutor's office said Tuesday.
The suspects, who were taken into custody Monday, were French and Tunisian.
The Paris prosecutor's office said those detained had links to Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, who drove a box truck into a crowd on July 14.
At least five people are already facing preliminary terrorism charges in connection with the attack. Authorities said those charged are accused of helping Bouhlel obtain a pistol.
It is still unclear what the eight people arrested this week are suspected of doing.
The Islamic State group, also known as ISIS, has claimed responsibility for the Nice attack.
Authorities say Bouhlel was inspired by the extremist group's propaganda.
France is still under a state of emergency since the Nice attack and the ISIS attacks in Paris last year.
Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said about 300 people have been arrested as part of investigations into extremist networks in the country.
In addition to the eight arrests, Tuesday authorities detained two boys, ages 14 and 17, as part of an investigation into a hoax hostage alert at a Paris church.
According to the Paris prosecutor's office, the false alarm prompted a large police response.
A 16-year-old remains in custody in connection with that incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
For more news, check out today's 60 Second Circa.