The Clinton campaign released a letter today written by Lisa Bardack, Hillary Clinton's doctor, that detailed the candidates health over the last year and states that she is certainly healthy enough to be president.
Bardack's letter states that:
- Hillary Clinton's blood levels are stable
- Her allergy flare-ups this year are similar to those in the past
- She had an ear and sinus infection last January for which she was successfully treated
- She was diagnosed and treated for pneumonia this month
- A physical revealed all her vitals to be normal
- She is in excellent mental condition
"My overall impression is that Mrs. Clinton has remained healthy and has not developed new medical conditions this year other than a sinus and ear infection and her recently diagnosed pneumonia.
"She is recovering well with antibiotics and rest. She continues to remain healthy and fit to serve as President of the United States."
You can read the full letter here.
Meanwhile, Clinton's Republican challenger, Donald Trump, continues to refuse to release his medical records. Instead, Trump has opted to appear on the Dr. Oz talk show to discuss his personal health regimen. The episode will air tomorrow.
New Clinton health letter shows an ear infection in January. That must have been fun while campaigning through Iowa.— Laura Meckler (@laurameckler) September 14, 2016
The release of the letter has some online joking about the campaign.
Others are still very skeptical about Clinton's health.