Donald Trump on Wednesday said his first plan of action against illegal criminal immigration will be to "build a great wall along the southern border," during his much-anticipated speech on immigration in Arizona.
Trump said he will use his first hour in office to end the illegal flow of drugs, cash and people across the border.
He did not reiterate his views regarding a 'deportation force' that he had originally promised would remove all 11 million illegal immigrants.
In Phoenix, Trump said that anyone who is illegally in the country who is arrested for any crime whatsoever will be placed into deportation proceedings. He also said no illegals will be granted amnesty to live in the U.S.
The only way for them to live in the U.S. legally would be to leave the country and then seek legal status.
He didn't say what would happen to illegals who have not committed crimes besides their immigration offenses.
Here are some of Donald Trump's biggest points to take on illegal criminal immigration:
- Build a wall along the southern border
- End catch and release
- Zero tolerance for criminal aliens
- Block funding for sanctuary cities
- Cancel unconstitutional executive orders
- Create an ICE deportation task force
- Ensure other country's take their people back when ordered
- Biometric entry/exit visa tracking program will be completed
- Turn off benefit magnet
- Serve our needs and not the needs of others
BREAKING: Donald Trump says if elected he will triple the number of immigration and customs enforcement agents— Reuters Politics (@ReutersPolitics) September 1, 2016
Trump says he would suspend visas to places without adequate screening starting with the "tens of thousands of people coming from Syria."